Thursday 6 May 2010

Final Front Cover for Music Magazine



Above is my final front cover for the music magazine "Ambience" that I have created. I created my final front cover on Adobe Photoshop 7.0 using one of my previous edited images. However I had to change the logo as the original decided logo was too dark and was not visible on the dark background colours I used. I used the text from the original decided logo and kept the same font style to create the new used logo.
By analysing front covers as part of my research, I gained valuable information and knew what I needed my own front cover to look like. I also completed a rough draft of my front cover before designing it, so I based my final idea around the original draft plan.
Photoshop allowed me to use a variety of tools when creating my final front cover. It allowed me to add and edit text, images and shapes. I gained experience using different tools on Photoshop by practising editing different images and therefore I applied my skills when designing my front cover. I used the magic wand tool to select certain parts of the image and layer them over text so it looked like my main image overlapped other text and shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment